Tuesday, March 15, 2022

THE STRENGTH OF YEHOVAH

The Holy Spirit prompted me to read Exodus 12, which contains the account of Israel’s deliverance from Egypt.

On the door of every Israelite home, the blood of a lamb was put on the two side-posts and lintel. This was to protect God’s people from the passing angel of death. When the day came, a multitude of Israelites marched out of captivity, about 600,000 men plus women and children. “…It came to pass that all the armies of Yehovah went out from the land of Egypt” (Exodus 12:41, NKJV).

In the next chapter, I stopped at the verse which reads, “Remember this day in which you went out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand Yehovah brought you out of this place” (Exodus 13:3).

God’s people were delivered by Yehovah’s strength alone!

David declares: 2 Samuel 22:17-18, 31-33:

He stretched out His hand from on high and took me; He drew me out of mighty waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy; from those who hate me, from those who were mightier than I.

As for our God and our Father, His way is perfect. The word of Yehovah has been tried and tested. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides Yehovah? Who is a rock besides our God? God is my strong fortress. He makes my way blameless.

Our faith and strength may grow weak, but in our times of weakness, God has given us marvelous promises to renew and strengthen us.

“Those who stumbled are girded with strength” (1 Samuel 2:4).

“Yehovah will give strength to His people; Yehovah will bless His people with peace” (Psalm 29:11).

“The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be God!” (Psalm 68:35).

“Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails… I will go in the strength of Yehovah Elohim - God; I will make mention of your righteousness, of yours only” (Psalm 71:9,16).

Beloved, do you believe our God is strong? Know that He is strong, and no power can stand before Him.  If He is for you, no one can stand against you Therefore, love Him with all your heart mind, and strength of your being committing everything into His mighty hand of strength and power. He will make a way for those who love Him. Most of all, believe this word:

In the day when I cried out, you answered me and made me bold with strength in my soul” (Psalm 138:3).

God love and bless you.

Written by David Wilkerson (1931-2011), edited by Bruce Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment