Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A QUESTION WAS ASKED OF ME: DO I GO TO HEAVEN WHEN I DIE?

The answer I gave is that no one goes to heaven when they die! Only one man has gone to heaven when he died and that is the lord Jesus. All who die now go into the grave and remain there until they are resurrected. If they died in the lord Jesus they will have a part in the first resurrection and if they are not a part of those who are God's when they die, they will be resurrected at the White Throne Judgement and cast into the lake of fire.

There is no place in the scripture that says one goes to heaven when they die. Ecclesiastes:9:5: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

So if the dead don't know anything, what would be the point of their going to heaven when they wouldn't know they were there? No, when we die in the lord we are buried in hell - an old English word that meant where they placed potatoes in storage in the ground - the grave. There they will remain in the sleep of death until they are resurrected at the return of the lord Jesus at the end of this age. As I told my brother Jeffrey when he was near death when he asked would he know anything after he died and I said because in the sleep of death time is not a factor and for him, it would seem like a split second at which time he would realize he was being raised up to meet the lord Jesus in the air. I said in that split second from his perspective he would be awakened by a trumpet blast.

1 Thessalonians 4:16: For the lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in the Messiah shall rise first:

I look forward to meeting my brother when I rise up to meet the lord Jesus in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment