Tuesday, November 30, 2021

YEHOVAH'S FAITHFULNESS IS OUR STRENGTH

One of the most important verses in all of scripture is found in Peter’s first epistle where the apostle speaks of the necessity of having our faith tested:

“That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to be praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus the Messiah” (1 Peter 1:7, NKJV).

The Greek word used for trials here means “examining or testing with difficulties and adversities.” This passage suggests that Yehovah our God is saying, “Your faith is precious to me, more precious than all the wealth of this world that will one day perish.

In these last days, when the enemy sends all manner of evil against you, I want you to be able to stand strong with unshakable faith.”

Peter says: “Yehovah our God knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment” (2 Peter 2:9). The Greek word here that is used for temptation means “putting to proof adversities.” Clearly, Yehovah our God does not want to keep us in our trials. Why would he be interested in keeping us in the midst of temptation and affliction? He doesn’t get any glory from testing his children but He does get glory from the results of our testings!

There is only one way to escape our trials, and that is by passing the test. Think about it. When you were in school, how did you finally escape? You passed the final exam. If you didn’t pass, you were sent back to class.

That was the case with ancient Israel. When God brought them to the Red Sea, he was testing his people, trying them, proving them. He brought them to the very brink of destruction, surrounding them by mountains on two sides, a sea on another and an approaching enemy on the other.

Yes, Yehovah put Israel in that circumstance expecting a certain reaction. He wanted his people to acknowledge their helplessness. He wanted to hear them say, “We remember how God delivered us from the plagues. We remember how he brought us out of the furnace of affliction where we made bricks without straw and had no rest. God delivered us then, and he will do it again! Let us rejoice in his faithfulness. He is God, and he has given us promises he will keep. He will protect us from every enemy who comes against us.”

Such faith is a sweet-smelling incense/fragrance to God

Brothers and sisters, we are indeed living in the last days. The end of this age is very near. We are all going to be tested and tried more and more as the end approaches, especially as we go through the coming tribulation that will have an effect around the world. We are already seeing the results of climate change that is affecting people around the world and this is only the beginning of Woe! We all need to ask for our God and Father Yehovah to enable us by His Spirit to have the strength and power to be able to hold fast to the end of our lives or this age! Without His help and amazing grace we are completely helpless to be able to withstand what is coming.

May our God and Father Yehovah be our strong tower and our sure defense, our rearguard and guiding light as we walk on the narrow path through this sin-sick world toward entrance into His soon-coming Kingdom.

May we inculcate the words He spoke to Zerubbabel: "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, says Yehovah of hosts." Also the words He spoke to the Apostle Paul: My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

And Paul's reflection: Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of the Messiah may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for the Messiah’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9,10)

Psalm 18:2: Yehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 62:7: In Yehovah is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in Yehovah.

Isaiah 12:2:  Behold, Yehovah is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD YEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Written By David Wilkerson (1931-2011) and edited by Bruce Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment