Saturday, May 22, 2021

ARE YOU WORTHY TO BECOME THE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF YEHOVAH?

Who tells you are not worthy, no good, useless, unusable to Yehovah Elohim - God? What is it that reminds you that you’re weak, helpless, a total failure? Who tells you that you’ll never measure up to Yehovah’s standard? The god of this world, Satan, the prince of the power of the air who deceives the whole world. [Revelations 12:9] That is where this voice comes from. It is from Satan the great deceiver himself, and all those who serve him.

How are you made worthy?

You have been made worthy by the Messiah’s sin-offering sacrifice on the stake. That sacrifice reconciled you to Yehovah and gives you every right to worship - reverence His holy name.

“That you may walk worthy of the Lord - Yehovah, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God - Yehovah; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints - holy ones in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins” (Colossians 1:10-14, NKJV, my italics).

The Greek rendering of verse 12 here is “The Father has made us fit, worthy, qualified in character, good enough to be partakers in the inheritance of the saints – holy ones of light.”

What Jesus did on the stake leads the way for you to co-rule and co-inherit as new creations in him, in the coming Kingdom of God. So, if Yehovah has opened the door for you to enter into His Kingdom as an immortal man/woman having eternal life, then He will make you become fit in righteous character by His indwelling presence. By His indwelling presence in you, you have become a Temple of God – Yehovah! [1 Corinthians 3:16]

You can’t obtain the righteousness of the Messiah by working for it. No, no, it is all by Yehovah's grace. The only way to obtain it is by believing in his righteousness and trusting in Yehovah for it to become a part of you. It comes to you by faith. Understand, you are not only saved by faith but also sanctified – set apart by faith, justified – declared not guilty by faith, healed emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically by faith, kept by faith. It all happens by being totally committed to Yehovah and obeying the words that He gave to the lord Messiah Jesus to give to us.

Because of the stake, you can say, “In my flesh, I still resist the Spirit, but as a new creation in the Messiah, I am redeemed by the sin-offering sacrifice of the Messiah Jesus. I have by the indwelling of the Spirit of the Messiah Jesus and of Yehovah been given the power to overcome my sinful nature and live a victorious life in the Messiah Jesus. I’m going to sing and shout praises to Yehovah for His amazing grace that has saved a wretch like me!”

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins” (Colossians 1:14).

The word for redemption suggests being set free. We have been set free by Jesus’ sin-offering sacrifice. We are bought and paid for by his shed blood and have become his bond-servants, in bondage now to righteousness

Notice what Yehovah has done for all those who are His through His uniquely begotten son Jesus: “And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now he has reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His [Yehovah’s] sight” (Colossians 1:21-22).

You can say, “Even when I was alienated in my mind by awful, evil works, even when I was in the pits of lust, even when I was one of Yehovah’s worst enemies, the scriptures say He loved me. He sought me out and led me by His spirit and reconciled me to Himself. Now, He has translated me from the kingdom of darkness into His kingdom of light. He has made me be at peace with Him and given me to have great peace of mind. So, how much more does He love me now that I’m reconciled, even when I struggle? I know my Redeemer loves me.” [Psalm 19:14]


Notice: The law can’t condemn you because the Messiah fulfilled the law. Past sin cannot condemn you because of his sin-offering sacrifice you have been pronounced “not guilty”, it is under his shed blood. Your conscience can’t condemn you because the Messiah is greater than your conscience. So, you have been forgiven completely, leaving nothing to condemn you.


When we become discouraged, it proves two things: our forgetfulness of Yehovah’s mercy and grace, and a lack of understanding of how much He loves us.

If you become discouraged over your sins, perhaps it is because you do not trust fully in God’s love for you during your times of failure. If that is so you are living with a lack of understanding of your God and Father’s full acceptance of you because of the sin-offering sacrifice of the Messiah Jesus. You must turn from this attitude of mind and repent, asking for Yehovah’s awesome forgiveness and grace.

If you understand how great your God and Father’s mercy is toward you, you would know He loves you even when you fail, mise the mark. Then you can say, “Oh, God, forgive me. I’ve been so discouraged because of my sin. I haven’t fully believed in your mercy and forgiveness. Restore my belief, increase my faith.” Let me never forget “I am made worthy by the blood of the Lamb!” The Lamb you provide for my deliverance, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment