Thursday, July 25, 2024

SANCTIFIED

A sanctified person is a Christian who is always thinking about gaining the future glory of the Messiah Jesus. You can always tell a “saint” by the fact they have one eye on the future horizon of God’s coming Kingdom.

Sanctification then, is letting myself be shaped by the reality of the future coming Age of Glory. To be sanctified is to let the end (or the goal) start to be formed in me now. It is letting Christ’s mind and message control my today because I know His Tomorrow is dawning.

The Second Coming of Jesus - the Parousia or Presence of the lord Jesus - is the great hope of the Christian whose all-consuming ambition is to be “considered worthy of the kingdom of God for which indeed we are suffering” (2 Thessalonians 1:5).

Repentance, which is essential to entering the life of the Age to Come, is thus the process of re-orienting my values and behaviors, in light of the character of God’s – Yehovah’s New Age.

When I consent to be baptized in obedience to Jesus’ command, I am united to the Messiah and his death to this Age and to his life belonging to the New Age.

To think with a renewed, that is, with a sanctified mind, is thus to think of reality in terms of the truth the gospel of the Messiah reveals about the goal of God’s promised future.

SALVATION IS TO “GAIN THE GLORY OF OUR LORD JESUS THE MESSIAH” (2 THESSALONIANS 2:13-14). SANCTIFICATION HAPPENS WHEN I EMBRACE GOD’S PROMISED FUTURE GLORY IN THE MESSIAH TODAY.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment