Tuesday, October 27, 2020

YOUR POSITION IN THE MESSIAH

In John 14, Jesus tells us it is time for us to know our heavenly position in him. He explained to the disciples, “Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in my Father; and you are in me, and I in you” (John 14:29-20). This verse is one of my favorites! We are now living in “that day” Jesus speaks of. In short, we are to understand our heavenly position in our Messiah.

Most of us do know our position in the Messiah; that we are seated with him in the heavenly places; but only metaphorically. We don’t know it in experience. What do I mean by this expression, “our position in our Messiah”?

Very simply: Position is “where one is placed, where one is.” Yehovah our God and Father has placed us where we are, which is in the Messiah. In turn, the Messiah is in and with the Father, seated at His right hand. Therefore, if we are in the Messiah, we are actually seated with Jesus in the throne room, where he is. That means we are sitting in the presence of Yehovah, the Almighty God. This is what Paul refers to when he says we’re made to “sit together in the heavenly places in the Messiah Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6).

The moment you place your trust in Yehovah's anointed one, the Messiah, and follow up in obedience, and are baptised, and die to self, you’re taken into him by faith. You become a new creation in him, as a part of the New Humanity that he - Jesus is the beginning of, and the Federal head. Yehovah acknowledges you in His son, and as one of His sons seats you with His son in the heavenlies. This is not merely some theological point, but a factual position.

So now, as you surrender your will to Yehovah, you are able to claim all the spiritual blessings that come with the position He has placed you. Of course, being “in the Messiah” doesn’t mean you leave this earth. You can’t manufacture some emotion or feeling that takes you up into the heavenlies. No, heaven has come down to you, through the power of the Spirit of God. The Messiah the son, and Yehovah the Father come to indwell you and made their abode there: “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word; and my Father will love him, and WE will come to him and make our home with him” (John 14:23).

Note: Jesus says, if you love him you will keep his word and if you do that then his Father - Yehovah will love you, and both he and Yehovah will come to you, and indwell you through the spirit of Yehovah.

John 14:10-11: Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, he does the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me...

John 3:33-34: The one who has received his - Jesus testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. For he whom God sent continues to speak the words of God, for He continues to give to him the spirit without measure.

Leave your sins and worldly pursuits behind and “lay aside every fleshly weight that so easily besets you.” Go inside and take your position in the Messiah. Yehovah, our God and Father has called you to enter into the joy of your deliverance and acceptance. So, when you wake up tomorrow, shout, “Hallelujah - Praise Yehovah! for I’m accepted by Him and my heart abounds with thanksgiving and joy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment