Thursday, November 3, 2022

Psalm 86

 

A prayer by David.

Turn your ear toward me, O Yehovah. answer me, because I am oppressed and needy. Protect me, because I am faithful to you.Save your servant who trusts you.

You are my Elohim - God. Have pity on me, O Adonai - LORD, because I call out to you all day long. Give me joy, O Adonai - LORD, because I lift my soul to you. You, O Adonai - LORD, are good and forgiving, full of mercy toward everyone who calls out to you. Open your ears to my prayer, O Yehovah.

Pay attention when I plead for mercy. When I am in trouble, I call out to you because you answer me. No god is like you, O Adonai - LORD.    No one can do what you do. All the nations that you have made will bow in your presence, O Adonai - LORD. They will honour you. Indeed, you are great, a worker of miracles. You alone are Elohim - God. Teach me your way, O Yehovah, so that I may live in your truth.

Focus my heart on fearing [paying reverence to] you. I will give thanks to you with all my heart, oh Adonai - LORD my Elohim - GodI will honour you forever because your mercy toward me is great. You have rescued me from the depths of the grave.  O Elohim - God, arrogant people attack me, and a mob of ruthless people seeks my life. They think nothing of you. But you, O Adonai - LORD, are a compassionate and merciful God. You are patient, always faithful and ready to forgive.

Turn toward me and have pity on me. Give me your strength because I am your servant. Save me because I am the son of your female servant. Grant me some proof of your goodness so that those who hate me may see it and be put to shame. You, O Yehovah, have helped me and comforted me.

Do our prayers reflect the intensity and heart felt prayers ot King David. I am sure that his great, great, grandson Jesus prayed with the same attitude towards his God and Father Yehovah. How awesome it is the be considered to be a son of the living God Yehovah. There is no greater blessing that I can think of and continually thank Him for giving me the spirit of sonship and placing me as a son in His household! Truly His grace and love are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment