Thursday, January 21, 2021

MOVING FORWARD IN COVENANT FAITH


When we become totally committed to serving/obeying Yehovah and His uniquely begotten son Jesus we will be enabled by the Holy Spirit to step out in covenant faith trusting both of them to guide us in all we say and do.

That being said; the scriptures warn us that if we don't go forward zealously in covenant faith, then when trials and struggles come; at such times we may say, "Yehovah, I'm not sure I can handle this. I don't see how I can make it through." At such times the Adversary will take advantage and move in with principalities and powers to try to rob, steal and shipwreck our faith. Brothers and sisters this happens to every true bond-servant of God.

Listen to what Peter lovingly warns us about what will happen, saying: “Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trials which will test and try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you are partaking of the Messiah’s sufferings, that when his glory is revealed, you may also be glad, with exceeding joy” (1 Peter 4:12-13).

Notice: Proverbs 17:3: The crucible is for refining silver, and the smelter for gold, but the one who purifies hearts by fire is Yehovah.

No matter how long you serve Yehovah, you will be trained in this area and overcome and move forward by following His clear direction, especially in the hard testing and trials. We should never say, “That’s it, Lord, I’ve had enough, I can't deal with this trial.” Instead, we should say: “Lord, I don’t see the way ahead, but I know I'm going to get through this trial because I know you have promised to provide me with the grace and enabling power of your Spirit to overcome every test and trial. I know you will be my strength and sure defense.”

True covenant faith is the place where you always find your rest; fully trusting in the Father’s love. Yehovah will always bring you through and take you to a place of incredible blessing.

Notice what Jesus says: “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life [spiritual life, new age life] and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).

You may have to do insignificant things and you may face tests and trials that will be hard, yet the training ground Yehovah has set apart for multitudes of His beloved sons and daughters is where we learn His nature, His character, His blessing, and His goodness. We are deeply loved by a holy God. Yehovah has an amazing purpose for us, just as He did for His own Son. Therefore, we have a peace that passes all understanding, and we rest knowing His blessing lies ahead for us. Praise Yehovah!

No comments:

Post a Comment