Wednesday, January 6, 2021

YEHOVAH WANTS THOSE IN THE MESSIAH JESUS TO STRIVE FOR A PERFECT HEART

Do you know it is possible to walk before Yehovah Elohim - God with a perfect heart? If you strive to love Yehovah with your whole being you may already be desiring earnestly; to obey this command of Yehovah.

I want to encourage you to strive to develop a perfect heart. It is possible for you to do so God would not have given us such a call. Whatever God desires for us to do He always provides His indwelling power to carry out His will. Having a perfect heart has been part of the life of faith from the time God first spoke to Abraham: “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless” (Genesis 17:1).

In the Old Testament, we see that many of God's servants succeeded in walking before Yehovah with a perfect heart. David, for instance, determined in his heart to obey God’s command to be perfect. He said, “I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way… I will walk within my house with a perfect heart” (Psalm 101:2). David was able to say that because he knew that Yehovah would, by His indwelling presence, enable him to do so.

To come to grips with the idea of perfection, we first must understand that perfection does not mean a sinless, flawless existence. No; perfection in Yehovah’s eyes means something entirely different. It means spiritual maturity, completeness in the Messiah Jesus.

The Hebrew and Greek meanings of “perfection” include “uprightness, having neither spot nor blemish, being totally obedient.” It means to finish what has been started, to make a complete performance. John Wesley called this concept of perfection “constant obedience.” That is, a perfect heart is a responsive heart, one that answers quickly and totally all of Yehovah’s directions, whisperings, and warnings. Such a heart says at all times, “Speak, Yehovah, for your servant is listening. Show me the path, and I will walk in it.”

Psalm 31:3: For you are my rock and my fortress, therefore for your name’s sake you will guide me and lead me.

Psalm 73:24: You will guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will lead me to a position of honor.

Isaiah 48:17: This is what Yahweh, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, says:“ I am Yehovah your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way that you should go.

The perfect heart cries out with David, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me” (Psalm 139:23–24).

Psalm 139:24: Yes, see if there is any idolatrous road in me, then lead me on the everlasting road! That road that leads to eternal life in the coming Kingdom of God, which will be established when Jesus returns to sit on the throne of David at Zion as Israel's Messiah.

Psalm 143:10: Teach me to do your will, for you are my Elohim - God. Let your good spirit lead me on level ground.

Proverbs 4:11: On the road of Wisdom I teach you; I lead you on the upright pathways.

Yehovah does indeed search our hearts; he said as much to Jeremiah: “I Yehovah search the heart” (Jeremiah 17:10). The Hebrew meaning for this phrase is, “I penetrate, I examine deeply.”

The perfect heart wants Yehovah's Spirit to come and search the innermost thoughts of a man, to shine into all hidden parts; to investigate, expose, and dig out all that is unlike His son the Messiah Jesus. Those who hide a secret sin, however, do not want to be convicted, searched, or probed.

The perfect heart yearns for more than security or a covering for sin. It seeks to be in Yehovah’s presence always, to dwell in communion. Communion means talking with Yehovah, sharing sweet fellowship with Him, seeking His face, and experiencing His presence within.

No comments:

Post a Comment