Friday, January 22, 2021

YEHOVAH'S WORD IN PSALM 3

Psalm 3:3-4: But you, Yehovah, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head. I cry out to Yahweh with my voice, and He answers me from His holy mountain.

2 Samuel 22:2-3: “Yehovah is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, even mine; God, my rock, in Him I will take refuge; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge. My savior..

Have you ever been so bent, so broken, and depressed that you couldn’t even lift your head?

However, under all that heaviness in the weight of what is pushing you down, there is always hope. There is deliverance waiting for you to grasp hold of if you will just cry out to your God and Father for help.

When I read verses like these, I picture the God of Heaven and earth reaching down, cupping the weary psalmist’s jaw with His hand and tilting his face up so he beholds, not just the horizon, but the glory of His presence, His wonderful, beautiful face shining in undeniable light. At that moment, the heaviness is gone when one looks upon the face of His rescuer and knows He is Yahweh Elohim - God, the one who raises the heavy head and relieves burdens, the one who protects and delivers.

There’s a quote from a book that goes, “I have no need to fear the army before me when I trust the one behind me.” So it is with God; when He lifts up our heads from hanging down when He straightens our posture and brings our eyes from the ground to His face, the things that were so dark and despairing and overwhelming quickly fall away.

Isaiah 58:8: Then your light would break forth like the morning, your healing spring forth speedily. And your righteousness shall go before you; the esteem of Yehovah will be your rear guard.

There is a light before which no shadow can stand; the light of Yehovah’s delivering presence, the salvation of His mercy and tender love.

If you have experienced that Yehovah’s presence, you know what I am talking about, it really goes beyond words. If you haven’t yet experienced Yehovah's presence, I urge you today to take the words of Psalm 3 to heart; to cry out to God when your adversaries or trials are many, especially when it seems like there is no deliverance for you.

Place your trust in Yehovah to deliver and sustain you; cry out to Him and watch how He answers from His holy mountain! When Yahweh lifts up your face, it’s unforgettable; when He delivers you, it’s something you’ll never forget. So raise your voice. Cry out to Him. It’s time to raise your weary head.

No comments:

Post a Comment