Wednesday, February 10, 2021

LIVE YOUR LIFE AS YEHOVAH'S BOND-SERVANT

Jesus calls us to live out our lives in a way that gives no thought about tomorrow and he tells us to put our future wholly into the hands of his God and our God, his Father, and our Father Yehovah: “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matthew 6:31-34).

Jesus doesn’t mean that we are not to plan ahead or do nothing about our future. Rather, he is saying, “Don’t be anxious or troubled about tomorrow.” When you think about it, most of our anxieties are about what might happen tomorrow. We’re constantly harassed by two little words: What if?

Jesus interrupts our “what ifs” and tells us, “Your heavenly Father knows how to take care of you.” He tells us further, “You don’t need to worry. Your Fathers know you have need of all these things, and he won’t ever forsake you. He is faithful to feed you, clothe you, and take care to supply all your needs.”

“Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?.... Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? (Matthew 6:26, 28-30).

We gladly give all our yesterdays to Yehovah Elohim - God, turning over to Him our past sins. We trust Him for the forgiveness of all our past failures, doubts, and fears. So, why don’t we do the same with our tomorrows?

THE TRUTH IS, MANY OF US CLING TIGHTLY TO WHAT WE WANT TO TAKE PLACE IN OUR FUTURE. WE WANT TO HOLD ON TO OUR DREAMS. WE MAKE  OUR PLANS INDEPENDENT OF WHAT OUR GOD AND FATHER YEHOVAH DESIRES FOR US. THEN WE EXPECT HIM TO BLESS AND FULFILL ALL THAT WE WANT, TO FULFILL ALL OUR DESIRES.

If we act in this manner we totally misunderstand what it means to be totally committed to loving our God and Father with all our hearts, minds, being, and strength. We are forgetting that we have been bought and paid for by the blood of the lord Messiah Jesus and we are not our own. We are the bond-servants [slaves] of the lord Jesus and of Yehovah. As such self is dead [which happened when we were baptized - we died to self]

Now as bond-servants we are to obey the instructions our "Master" Yehovah has given to all those He has placed in the body of His son Jesus to do. So we are to obey and carry out all the words that Yehovah gave to His son Jesus to give to all those who are in him, members of His body - the called-out Assembly of God. So when Jesus tells us to "seek you first the KIngdom [Kingship] of God that is exactly what we ought to do. 

If we obey the words of the lord Jesus then all that we need will be provided by our God and Father Yehovah!

John 14:23-24: ... if a man loves me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loves me not keeps not my words: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father’s who sent me.

Jesus message to all who are in him:

John 17:6-9: I manifested your name [Yehovah] unto the men whom you gave me out of the world: yours they were, and you gave them to me; and they have kept your word. Now they know that all things whatsoever you have given me are from you: for the words which you gave me I have given unto them; and they received them] and know of a truth that I came forth from you [was commissioned by Yehovah], and they believed that you did send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom you have given me; for they are your: and all things that are mine are yours, and yours are mine: and I am glorified in them.

John 2:5-6: ... but whosoever keeps his word, in him truly has the love of God been perfected. Hereby we know that we are in him: he that says he abides in him ought himself also to walk even as he walked.

If we walk as Jesus walked we will seek first the Kingdom [Kingship] of God and His righteousness and we will receive all we need even as Jesus and his disciples were provided with all their needs.

Jesus says:  I have come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly. (John 10:10)

I can speak for myself and say all that I have need of, has been given to me by my God and Father Yehovah. He has blessed me more than I deserve. I own nothing as his bond-servant but exercise stewardship over all He has given to me, knowing that if I am faithful in the little things He will give me more to exercise stewardship over.

Trust in Yehovah and you will see how much He loves you and will help you to live life more abundantly, spiritually, physically, and emotionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment