Thursday, January 16, 2020

UPON THIS ROCK - PETER'S SAYING THE JESUS WAS THE MESSIAH, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD

THE CALLED-OUT ASSEMBLY OF GOD IS BASED ON JESUS WORDS TO PETER IN MATTHEW 16:18:

“upon this rock - Peter's recognition that Jesus was the Messiah, the son of God

THE CALLED-OUT ASSEMBLY BUILT ON THE ROCK STATEMENT OF PETER THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH; WILL TOTALLY COMMIT TO KEEP ALL THE WORDS GOD GAVE TO JESUS TO GIVE TO US!

I. ROCK SOLID in biblical truth. (1 Timothy 2:3-4) “...God our Saviour desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of truth.” (John 8:31-32) “If you abide in my word, you are truly disciples of mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”

II. ROCK SOLID in our love for God and His son the lord Jesus the Messiah. (John 14:21) “He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me.” (Galatians 2:20) “I have been crucified with the Messiah and it is no longer I who live, but the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the son of God who loved me and delivered Himself up for me.”

III. ROCK SOLID love and support for one another in the body of the Messiah. (John 13:34-35) “A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (Philippians 2:3-4) “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind consider one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but for the interests of others.”

IV. ROCK SOLID followers of God's anointed one - the Messiah become a loving team that  grows in the knowledge of God’s word and the ability to reach others with the message of the Messiah and his Kingdom. (Philippians 2:5) “Have the attitude in yourselves which was also in the Messiah Jesus.” (Luke 19:10) “For the son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

We as ambassador's of the lord Messiah Jesus are to seek and save those who are lost continuing his commission that God gave to him to give to us.

Written by For Christ and His Kingdom Bible Teacher and Pastor, Dick Eldred and edited by Pastor Bruce Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment