Tuesday, March 24, 2020

DO WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THE LOVE OF YEHOVAH AND DEPENDANCE ON HIS POWER?

Psalm 16:1-11: Preserve me, O God; For in You do I take refuge. [O my soul], you have said unto Yehovah, You are my Lord: I have no good beyond You [If what we do is outside of serving Yehovah it is worthless]. As for the saints - holy ones that are in the earth, they are the excellent in whom is all my delight.

Sorrows shall be multiplied to those that give gifts for another  god [idolatry]:
Their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer, Nor take their names [of their gods upon my lips.

Yehovah is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup: He maintains my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; Yea, I have a good heritage. I will bless Yehovah, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. I have set Yehovah always before me: Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoice; my flesh also shall dwell in safety. For You will not leave my soul in the grave; neither will You suffer Your holy one to see corruption. You will show me the path of life: In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Notice: Psalm 16 sets forth the moral perfections of God's anointed one Jesus, the only perfect man, as he walked the path of life through this world of sin and death. How we ought to more often contemplate the path he walked and realize in doing so; he did it because he loved us, willing to go through a life of suffering and in the end to give up his life for us, in order that we might have new age life.

We learn what Yehovah is as we look into the character of the lord Jesus and we learn what man is in perfection when we look at Jesus.

When we occupy ourselves in the lord Jesus, feeding on the Bread of God, a transforming power takes place within us. When we trace his path through this world it draws out our love for himself.

Jesus perfect life was a life of confidence and dependance. Confidence in the love of Yehovah and dependance on the enabling power of Yehovah. 

Jesus did not depend on man or angels to enable him to walk through all the dangers and opposition he knew he would meet. He did not even depend on himself; but was fully dependant on his God and Father. He was entirely dependant on God's power because he had entire confidence in God's heart of love. He knew God loved him. With absolute confidence in God's love he looked to his God and Father to preserve him and enable him to hold fast to the end.

He wasn't ignorant as to how much his enemies hated him: "They that hate me without cause are more than the hairs of my head: they that would destroy me, being my enemies, wrongfully, are mighty. (Psalm 69:4)

That did not detract him from believing and trusting in Yehovah: "As for me, I will call upon God; and Yehovah will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud; and He will hear my voice." (Psalm 55:16,17) 

There were times when he was brought very low in his circumstances and he would say: "Preserve me, O God: for in You do I put my trust". 

Following in the footstep of his lord Paul could say while in prison: "Yehovah will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me unto His heavenly Kingdom." (2 Timothy 4:18)

Are we believers lowly and of little account in this world? Then let us remember that Yehovah delights to be associated with such people. (James 2:5)

Do we have the confidence in the love of the Father and of the lord Jesus, that in the presence of enemies, dangers, desertions, trials and tribulation; we can say: "Preserve me Yehovah, in You do I put my trust"?

Remember: "It is not in man who walks to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23). Indeed, we know that to be true. It is only as we depend on God's love and trust in Him to lead us along the way we should go that we will be able to walk in the spirit dong His will.

My Yehovah grant to all of us; and all our brothers and sister more of a spirit of discernment to know His will in these last days!

No comments:

Post a Comment