Thursday, August 26, 2021

THE SECRET OF SPIRITUAL STRENGTH

Here is Yehovah’s secret to spiritual strength: “For thus says Yehovah Elohim - God, the Holy One of Israel: ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength’” (Isaiah 30:15, NKJV).

Note: The word for quietness in Hebrew means “repose.” Repose means calm, relaxed, free from all anxiety, to be still, to lie down with support underneath.

Not many in Christendom today have this kind of quietness and confidence. Multitudes are involved in a frenzy of activity, rushing madly to obtain wealth and pleasure. Even in the ministry, Yehovah’s servants run about worrying, fearing and looking for answers in conferences and best-selling books. Everyone wants guidance or something to calm their spirit. They seek solutions in every source except from Yehovah. They don’t realize Yehovah Elohim - God has already spoken a word for them through Isaiah. If they don’t turn to him as their source, their striving will end in sorrow and confusion.

Isaiah describes what Yehovah Elohim's - God's righteousness is supposed to accomplish in us. “The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever” (Isaiah 32:17). If we’re truly walking in righteousness, our lives will bear the fruit of a calm spirit, quietness of heart and peace with God.

As Isaiah looked around, he saw Yehovah’s people fleeing to Egypt for help, trusting in men, relying on horses and chariots. Ambassadors were coming and going. Leaders were holding emergency strategy meetings. Everyone was in a panic, wailing, “What can we do?”

Isaiah assured them, “It doesn’t have to be this way. Return from your backsliding. Repent of your rebellion of trusting in others. Turn to Yehovah, and he’ll cover you with a blanket of peace. He’ll give you quietness and rest in the midst of everything you’re facing.”

Beloved, the same is true for us today. The New Testament confirms it. The Messiah Jesus told his disciples, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).

Remember that Jesus told us to know that every word he spoke was given him by his God and Father to speak. John 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father who sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. John 12:50  And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. John 14:10  Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, he does the works.

So when Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" He is speaking forth the words God gave him to speak. It is God whose peace is with us and He makes sure we will recieve it because He has given to the lord Messiah power over all of His creation Himself excluded. Everything that the Messiah Jesus does he accomplished as the one Yehovah has assiagned to do so, according to His will.

We must hold fast to the words our God and Father has given to us to live by, no matter what the circumstances are around us. We can if we will draw upon the indwelling power of the Spirit of our loving Father that He has given us to accomplish all He wants us to do according to His will. So in reality it is all of Him and nothing of us except to be totally committed to walking in faith obedience before Him.

Written by David Wilkerson (1931-2011), edited by Bruce Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment