Wednesday, August 11, 2021

WHEN WE FEEL LIKE WE ARE ALONE

“Hezekiah prospered in all his works. However, regarding the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, whom they sent to him to inquire about the wonder that was done in the land, God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that he might know all that was in his heart” (2 Chronicles 32:30-31, NKJV).

Often, while in the righteous pursuit of God’s work, the steward of Yehovah finds himself apparently forsaken, seemingly left all alone to battle the forces of Satan, this world and our own fleshly desires. Every man God has ever blessed has been proved in the same manner. Consider Abraham’s situation. “Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him… ‘Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love…and offer him there as a burnt offering’” (Genesis 22:1–2). We know the end of the story, that a ram would be provided as Isaac’s substitute [pointing to what Jesus did when he became a sin-offering sacrifice for us], but the patriarch did not know this on his journey up the mountain.

Do you find yourself in strange circumstances? Do you feel forsaken and alone? Do you feel like you are fighting a losing battle with an unpredictable enemy? These are signs pointing to the proving process.

Victory is always the desired result; but should you fail, remember that it is what remains in your heart, that what God is most interested in is your attitude after you have won or lost the lonely battle. Your devotion to him in spite of failure is His desire.

Jesus [speaking as the agent - sent one - of his God and Father] has promised never to leave us or forsake us, but the record of scripture reveals there are seasons when our God and Father hides his presence to prove us. Even the Messiah Jesus experienced that lonely moment on the cross.

Notice: Psalm 22:1-31: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you hear not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But you are holy, O you that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in you: they trusted, and you did deliver them. They cried unto you, and were delivered: they trusted in you, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, he trusted on Yehovah that He would deliver him: let Him deliver him, seeing He delighted in him. But you are he that took me out of the womb: you did make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts. I was cast upon you from the womb: you are my God from my mother’s belly. Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaves to my jaws; and you have brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.  But be not thou far from me, O Yehovah: O my strength, haste you to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion’s mouth: for you have heard me from the horns of the unicorns. I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you. You that fear Yehovah, praise him; all you the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and fear - reverence Him, all you the seed of Israel. For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither has He hid His face from him; but when he cried unto Him, he heard. My praise shall be of you in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear Him. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise Yehovah that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto Yehovah: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before you. For the kingdom is Yehovah’s: and He is the governor among the nations. All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before Him: and none can keep alive his own soul. A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to Yehovah for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He has done this.

Would that our God and Father will enable us to exercize this wonderful and all encompasing faith when we for a moment feel as if we are all alone not realizing that our God and Father is with us every step of the way!

We become so preoccupied in proving God that we have not prepared our hearts for the great tests of life whereby God proves us. Could it be that the great trial you are now facing, the burden you now carry, is actually God at work proving you?

Jesus says we are to take up our cross and follow him (see Matthew 16:24). What is that cross? It is the flesh with its frailness and sinfulness. Take it up, move on in faith, and his strength will be made perfect in you.

This is one of the saying that give me great hope and reminds me to seek to develop the attitude of mind that Habbakuk had when he was inspiried by Yehovah to write this:

Habbakuk 3:17-19: Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in Yehovah, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  Yehovah Elohim - God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

May we sing this in our hearts and rejoice on how much our God Yehovah loves us and cares for us, knowing that if anyone hurts us it is as if they poked God in the eye.

Zechariah 2:8: For thus says Yehovah of hosts; After the glory has He sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that touches you touches the apple of His eye.

That is how sensitive our God and Father is towards those who love Him and seek to serve Him continually! Amazing Grace that has saved a wretch like me!



No comments:

Post a Comment