Sunday, August 7, 2022

DID JESUS GO TO HELL BETWEEN HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION?

First, let's define what the word "hell" means. In the N.T. Hades - hell is the grave, in the ground, under the surface of the earth, or in a tomb where the dead are placed as in New Orleans.

Jesus was buried in a tomb and he remained in that tomb as a dead person until he was resurrected and appeared to his disciples who recognized him immediately.

Ecclesiastes 9:5: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything...

Psalm 115:17: The dead do not praise Yahovah, neither any that go down into silence.

From these verses, and there are many more, we see that the dead are buried in the ground or tombs, that after they have died they know nothing, that they go down into silence, and will remain asleep in death until they are resurrected.

Now because the dead know nothing, they don't know how much time will have passed between their death and resurrection, so when they are resurrected it will seem like a split second - the same feeling we have after being suddenly awakening by a loud noise. At that moment we don't know how much time we have been asleep.

Those who are dead in the Lord Jesus will be resurrected when he returns and the loud noise they hear will be the sound of a loud trumpet calling them out of their graves/tombs and it will seem like a split second from the time that they died, even though hundreds of years may have gone by.

The apostle Paul knew this when he said he was torn between staying with his brethren [alive] or being with the lord [dying and knowing that for him in his recollection it would seem that in the next split second he would be rising to meet the Lord Jesus in the clouds when the trumpet sounded at the end of this age].

As for the Roman Catholic Church and her daughter churches teaching about an ever-burning hell, like "Dante's Inferno"; that teaching is of pagan origin and has nothing to do with the revelation God has given through the inspired scriptures upon which we base our hope!

I am very comforted knowing that my personal friends who have died in the Lord Jesus are now in their graves awaiting the sound of the trumpet when they and I will be resurrected at the return of the Lord Jesus.

I would not be very comfortable at all knowing that my mother, relatives, and friends were resurrected at their death and were now in heaven looking down at all the mistakes, faults, etc., that I have made, and will most probably make in the future. That cloud of witnesses is not anything that I would want to observe my every move.

I know with whom I have to do with and am comfortable having Him witnessing my actions knowing He will guide me in grace by His spirit to enable me to bring glory to His name - Yahovah and to his son's name Yashua - Jesus the Messiah. Knowing that my God and my Father Yehovah and His beloved son watch and know every move I make and every move all that are His makes is a great motivator to help myself and all of us walk on the difficult narrow path that leads to age upon age lasting life in His soon coming Kingdom. May that day come soon. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment